The word yoga means literally means “union” or “to merge”. More than a set of physical postures or exercises, Sadhguru defines yoga as a science to determine the nature of who you are and what you want to be.
Scientific research has shown today that the very fundamentals of the brain’s activity, inner chemistry, and genetic predispositions can be changed by practising certain systems of yoga. Yoga is essentially a technology to change the shape of who you are. Here are some benefits of Yoga, if practised consistently.
1. Neurological: When an individual practise yoga on a consistent basis, his/her neurological system becomes balanced and is naturally conditioned to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
2. Psychological: Regularly practising yoga opens up multiple avenues for growth on a psychological level. The disciples gain clarity of thoughts, inspiration and courage to bring about vital changes in life.
3. Creative: Practising yoga on daily basis unleash creative juices to flow easily by releasing mental blocks. Likewise, meditation helps one reach deeper recesses of the mind, bring creativity to the play naturally.
4.Intuitive: The mind and body trapped in chaos and tension buries its intuition capacity while the body switches to the survival mode. When we practice yoga on daily basis, it charts a space in our body physically, calms the mind, and releases the tension thus, helping our intuition to rise up the surface for offering guidance.
5. Connected: Practising yoga helps connect the individual to the higher self. This in turn, helps the individual gain a tendency to be empathetic and humble. Practically, these are the qualities of a person who can be an excellent team-player when it comes to a workplace environment.
6. Body Awareness: Practising yoga will give you an increased level of awareness of your own body. While you will be asked to make small and subtle movements in your posture to improve your alignment. Over time, this will facilitate the comfort level in your own body, leading to improved body posture and greater self-confidence.